When is the right time to consider spiritual direction?
Everyone is on a journey. For those who recognize that journey as spiritual, traveling with a spiritual companion can help you navigate the way.
Spiritual direction is for:
- Those who are leading a spiritual life
- Those who are following some kind of spiritual practice, whether self-guided or formally structured in community
- Those who want to grow their relationship with the divine
It’s not necessary to have a religious affiliation or to be regularly attending a religious institution. However, it is helpful to be connected with a spiritual community, to lift you up as you take the insight gained from spiritual direction and put it into action in the world.
You might consider working with a spiritual director if you:
- Are uncertain about what you are being called to do or be
- Want to grow your relationship with your higher power
- Are experiencing difficulties – including boredom – with your prayer life or spiritual practice
- Desire greater freedom to live authentically
- Are longing to follow your soul’s desire and aren’t sure if you should or how to go about doing that
- Want to live with greater awareness of the ways in which the divine moves in your life
- Are meeting with a life or executive coach and want to experience greater transformation
>Find out what to expect from spiritual direction